“Our Vision is to be at the forefront of British Education Internationally”
Our mission is to provide high quality British style International education that delivers a transformative learning experience to all our pupils. Our curriculum and learning experiences aim to support students in developing their inquiry skills and to enable students to become more knowledgeable and compassionate human beings.
Engaging and effective teaching based on our core values and the best, most up-to-date educational practice, from around the world, enables children at our school to achieve their academic ambitions and become lifelong learners. At the same time we nurture their individual talents and emphasise the importance of educating the whole student with attention to their physical, emotional and social development.
We are determined to make a positive difference to the future of our students and their families, the careers of our staff, as well as contributing to the wider community.
We ensure that our students are internationally minded and practising global citizens with the mindset to seek to understand others through compassionate behaviours and the acknowledgement that others can also be right.
High Level Strategic Aims
Working towards our vision depends on defining a set of realistic and achievable objectives. These five aims are the basis that objectives are built around.
- To provide a learning environment that educates and develops the independent learning skills and critical thinking skills essential for learning success.
- To achieve consistently outstanding educational results for all our pupils, benchmarking ourselves against the best schools in the world.
- To ensure that our pupils reach the highest levels of fluency and confidence in their use of language. Both English as the language of instruction and all other languages learned in the school.
- To embed the IB learner profile attributes throughout the school community.
- To promote and sustain a safe, caring, but challenging culture inside and outside the classroom.
Key Strategies to Support Our Aims
- Delivering a British, internationally flavoured, curriculum which is supported by evidence-based research and best-practice at the most successful independent schools in the world.
- Encouraging pupils to lead healthy lifestyles through diet, exercise and sport.
- Educating our students to global citizens who take impactful actions.
- Promoting excellence in our schools by employing teaching professionals who are passionate, knowledgeable and highly skilled in their field.
- Investing in our staff through effective professional development, training, career planning and talent management.
- Ensuring effective governance and management of the Group and the schools.
- Making the best use of resources and information to achieve and maintain an efficient, effective and sustainable business.
- Supporting and actively contributing to our local and wider communities
- Recognising and celebrating effort, achievement and excellence.
Values and Beliefs
The Values and Beliefs underpin everything we do. They create an environment that helps our people, our students and their families understand what King’s College Latvia stands for. How we treat one another at work, how we treat our clients.
Our Values and Beliefs help us make sense of our working life and how we fit into the big picture. They are fixed and are unlikely ever to change.
- We value the contributions of all our stakeholders to school life.
- We believe in leadership for all.
- We value dedication and commitment.
- Our educational principles are founded upon fostering self-confidence, tolerance and a sense of responsibility.
- All our pupils are entitled to a high-quality education, grounded in sensitivity to individual dignity, and a positive and nurturing environment.
- We promote outstanding teaching and learning.
- We recognise and celebrate academic excellence and achievement.
- High quality education is based on a collaborative approach to teaching and learning.
- Innovation in teaching and learning should be informed by research and effective practice.
- Technology should be used to improve the quality of teaching and learning.
- We contribute to the lifelong education of individuals.
- We are internationally minded